What follows is a notice from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. They are entrusted with your care. In their opinion you need to be warned that I may not give you exemption certificates nor prescribe ivermectin. Please read before making an appointment to see me.
At the bottom is a link enabling you to book an appointment.
(1 of 2)
As from 11:59 p.m., November 5, 2021, by order of the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, the following terms, conditions and limitations are imposed on the certificate of registration held by Dr. Christopher Hilton Hassell:
(1) Dr. Hassell shall not provide medical exemptions in relation to vaccines for COVID-19;
(2) Dr. Hassell shall not provide medical exemptions in relation to mask requirements for COVID-19;
(3) Dr. Hassell shall not provide medical exemptions in relation to testing for COVID-19;
(4) Dr. Hassell shall not prescribe iver….in.
Posting a Sign and Translations
(5) Dr. Hassell shall post a sign in all waiting rooms, examination rooms and consulting rooms, in all Practice Locations, in a clearly visible and secure location, at all times whether or not he is physically present at the Practice Location, in the form set out at Schedule “A.” If providing care in a virtual setting, Dr. Hassell shall display the sign to the patient at the outset of the patient encounter. If the patient encounter is by telephone, Dr. Hassell shall read the sign to the patient at the outset of the patient encounter. For further clarity, this sign shall state as follows: “Dr. Hassell must not provide medical exemptions in relation to COVID-19 vaccines, mask requirements or testing. Dr. Hassell must not prescribe iver….in. Further information may be found on the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario website at www.cpso.on.ca”.
(6) Dr. Hassell shall post a certified translation(s) in any language(s) in which he provides services, of the sign described in (4) above, in all waiting rooms, examination rooms and consulting rooms, in all of his Practice Locations, in a clearly visible and secure location, in the form attached hereto as Schedule “A”.
(7) Dr. Hassell shall provide the certified translation(s) described in (5) above to the College within 30 days of the date of this Order;
(8) The College may accept an alternative arrangement with respect to signage in a hospital setting, in its sole discretion.
Notification of Practice Locations
(9) Dr. Hassell shall inform the College of each and every location at which he practices including, but not limited to, hospital(s), clinic(s), office(s) and virtual care setting(s) in any jurisdiction (collectively the “Practice Location(s)”), within five (5) days of this Order. Going forward, he shall inform the College of any and all new Practice Locations within five (5) days of commencing practice at or accepting patients from that location.
(10) Dr. Hassell shall, within fourteen (14) days of the date of this Order, provide to the College his irrevocable consent in the form attached at Schedule “B” for the College to make appropriate enquiries of the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (“OHIP”), to monitor his compliance with the terms of this Order.
(11) Dr. Hassell shall maintain a log of all professional encounters with patients, including both in-person encounters and encounters in a virtual setting, in the form attached at Schedule “C” (“Patient Log”). Dr.Hassell shall include in the Patient Log the name of each patient with whom he has a professional encounter and the date of the encounter; the patient’s date of birth; the reason for the visit; and the type of visit (i.e., telemedicine or in-person).
(12) Dr. Hassell shall provide a copy of the Patient Log to the College every two (2) weeks, or at any other time as requested by the College.
(13) Dr. Hassell shall submit to, and not interfere with, unannounced inspections of his Practice Locations and to inspections of patient charts by the College and to any other activity the College deems necessary in order to monitor Dr. Hassell’s compliance with the terms of this Order.
(14) Dr. Hassell shall consent to the College providing the Order to any Chief(s) of Staff, or a colleague with similar responsibilities, at any Practice Location where he practices or has privileges (“Chief(s) of Staff”), and to provide said Chief(s) of Staff with any information the College has that led to this Order and/or any information arising from the monitoring of his compliance with this Order.
Book Appointment with Dr. Hassell
I confirm that I have read the cautionary note regarding Dr. Hassell’s restrictions. You will be led to a secure page where you can enter your personal information and then book an appointment.